When it comes to overall health and well-being, for men, sexual health and stamina is one of the most important. It’s not just about the act, it’s also about the performance… from start to finish. Whether you struggle to get in the mood from the get-go, or just have difficulty with stamina all the way to the end, there are a variety of solutions out there. It’s about so much more than just a little blue pill you take when the time is right. Be game-ready… all of the time.
Senara Men’s Health Center in Peoria, IL offers the following treatment options for optimizing men’s sexual health and vitality:
- GainsWave® (Low Intensity – Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy)
- The Priapus Shot (P-shot)
- BioIdentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)
Erectile Dysfunction: By The Numbers
ED is more common than most realize. And the stigma associated with ED often prevents many men from reporting sexual performance issues to their doctors.
- Over 18 million men in the U.S. over the age of 20 experience difficulties having and maintaining an erection, according to a John Hopkins study
- 1 in 2 men over 40 years old have some form of erectile dysfunction, According to the JAMA
More interestingly, epidemiologic studies out of Boston University School of Medicine show that:
- 10% of men aged 40-70 have severe or complete erectile dysfunction
- 25% of men aged 40-70 have moderate or intermittent erectile difficulties.
- 22% of men at age 40 have moderate to complete erectile dysfunction
- 49% of men at age 70 have moderate to complete erectile dysfunction
- 5%-10% of men below the age of 40 experience forms of erectile dysfunction
Sexual dysfunction in men is more than just difficulty in getting and maintaining an erection, however. It also involves issues with libido (desire for sex), orgasm, and ejaculation. Plus, studies show that ED can have a significant impact on other areas of a man’s life. This includes their overall mood, quality of life, and relationships with others, including their partner.
Treatment Options for ED
There are multiple approaches to treatment for erectile dysfunction. And depending on the root cause of the issue for each individual, different treatments will have varying levels of success from person to person. This is why it’s so important to discuss your ED symptoms with your medical professional. Some of the most commonly prescribed options available for ED treatment include:
- PDE5i Medications: Viagra, Cialis
- Urethral suppositories
- Penis Pumps
- Implants: malleable rods or inflatable tubes
- Vascular reconstruction
The crux of the typical medical interventions for ED is the lack of permanency. Most treatment options only work temporarily, or do not address the underlying causes of ED: hormone changes and impaired blood flow. By correcting hormone imbalances and repairing blood flow to the penis, ED symptoms can be effectively reduced or eliminated. GainsWave® Therapy, BioIdentical Hormone Replacement Therapy, the P-shot, and Sermorelin can all help effectively treat ED symptoms.
The medical team at Senara Health & Spa is ready to help you conquer ED, so you can get back on top. Call 309.693.9600 to schedule a consultation with our team of experts.